Friday, November 20, 2009

Argument on Latin Class

I think Latin should be required because it will greatly help you in English. I have found that ever since I have started Latin my English is improving. Latin teaches you how to break down a word into its meaning. Also Latin is a good challenge, and you can never be bored with it because there is so much to learn.

Also when you are learning about Latin you are also learning history as you go. You can learn about the ancient Greek and Roman Mythology. Also you can learn where we got a lot of the English words we speak today. When you learn the latin rotes

If Latin was mandatory you would see the John Carroll schools SAT scores drastically increase. When i took the PSAT I found that because I took Latin that when we had to figure out what the words meant it was a lot easier then I previously remember.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment