Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog #5

    I think that Derek Jeter is book worthy, he has a career that people dream about. He has a  job that I hope that one day I'd be lucky enough to have. He has a lot of stories that you can apply to many different places in your life. His parents have taught him a lot of important life lessons that he has taken and used through out his life. He also takes time to learn from everyone around him. He has learned a lot of things because he took the time to learn from the others around him.
    Something that I learned from this book that got Derek Jeter through his life is that you need to set your goals high. All of his life he always shot for the stars and did everything possible to accomplish that. He also does something that would surprise anyone who didn't know him or read this book, he set his role models on anyone who does something that he can learn from. It can be the rookie on the team, to people his age, and the wiser people around him.
     In Baseball there is one thing that you need to learn in that you can not be afraid to fail. He talks about this and says how it's ok when you do, it happens to everyone, and when it does you just learn from that mistake. Derek also talks about surrounding yourself with the right kind of friends is very important. When you have the right friends they support you and help make you a better person. This book has taught me a lot of important life lessons that I will take with me and hopefully apply them to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment